Editorial Assistant (part-time)
SinoMedia is looking for a part-time editorial assistant to be based in its office in Shanghai.
Founded in 1996, SinoMedia is a media and publishing firm that specializes in providing cutting-edge English-language coverage of the Chinese market. Our titles include China Economic Review (www.chinaeconomicreview.com), SpaChina (www.spachina.com) and Earnshaw Books (www.earnshawbooks.com).
We are looking to hire a part-time junior member to work on topics related to business and the economy in China. The role involves production of a daily newsletter for subscribers, writing and editing features, conducting interviews with high-profile executives and authors, and exploring new business opportunities for our content creation and research services.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- An excellent writer and editor with an active interest in Chinese current affairs
- A self-starter with proven organizational skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong desire to enter industries such as journalism, the public sector, or corporate research.
- Chinese language skills are a plus
- Experience working with host sites such as WordPress is also a plus, but not essential
As a part-time position, hours are negotiable, but it will be expected that succesful candidates are in the office at least 3 hours a day, preferably mornings.
The position will be based at SinoMedia’s offices near Dashijie metro station in Shanghai.
Internships at SinoMedia
SinoMedia is always on the lookout for good people interested in a career in publishing, business information and the media.
If you live in Shanghai, or would like to live here, and want to produce or sell magazines, websites or books, there could a position for you with us.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Summer Xia (email@example.com)